Museo dei Bronzi Dorati e della città di Pergola
PERGOLA
     
     
 
GiochinArte - Didatticando
 
CITY CENTRE AND HISTORIC BUILDINGS - the Cathedral
Viste di Pergola - Bronzi Dorati di Pergola

Founded in 1258 by Augustinian monks, built in Romanesque Gothic style, has undergone many modifications, including the facade which was completely rebuilt in 1841 with the financial support of Pope Gregory XVI.
Its interior is neo-classical with magnificent altars and many fine works of art. Among the paintings worthy of mention are the Madonna della Ghiara and Saint George by the French painter Jean Boulanger, one of Guido Reni's closest followers, Christ crucifield with Angels by the neopolitan painter Luca Giordano, "The Charity of Saint Thomas of Villanova" by Terenzo Terenzi, known as Il Rondolino, The last supper attributed by some early documents to Federico Barocci, as well as paintings by other local artists. Also noteworthy are the 14th century Crocifix painted on wood, the precious 15th century reliquiary in silver and gilded copper of the city's patron saint, Saint Secondo, the 18th century Processional carriage and the magnificent wooden carvings over the Choir of the statues of the Protector Saints of Pergola.

Pergola - Bronzi Dorati - pagina 1 Pergola - Bronzi Dorati - pagina 3

 

     
Tel. 0721-734090 / 7373278 - culturaturismo@comune.pergola.pu.it - museo.bronzidorati@libero.it - Confcommercio di Pesaro e Urbino
WEB DESIGN Puntomedia Snc